The International Business Association is a student organization in the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University. Established in Fall 1998, IBA seeks to advance cross-cultural competence of students, knowledge of international business, and serve as the receiving organization for international students studying at Mays.
- Interaction between domestic and international students in social and professional environments.
- Opportunities to interact with international business executives and learn from their experiences.
- Introducing international students to Aggie culture by participating in University traditions
- Opportunities to gain understanding of world events.
- Providing avenues for securing mentoring assistance from former students engaged in international business careers.
Our goals are to improve and broaden the mindset of IBA members as well as increase the number of students who study and intern abroad, earn certificates in international business studies, and secure meaningful and rewarding careers in international business.
Things We Do
Some of the things we do include, but are not limited to:
We hold regular meetings in Wehner every other Tuesday evening.
IBA hosts a variety of socials throughout to build lasting relationships within the organization.
We want those studying abroad at A&M to venture beyond College Station. Throughout the year we arrange road trips for all members to participate in, and domestic students often open up their home and allow us to experience their city! Trips have included the Texas State Fair in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and NASA in Houston.
During the year IBA participates in local service activities such as Kyle Field Cleanup and Big Event in order to give back to the community that gives so much to us.